Social Media Guidelines
Please read the following guidelines to ensure a safe and useful experience. By accessing any Transamerica social media sites or blogs, you agree to comply with these Participation Guidelines as well as engagement rules related to each social media platform on which Transamerica pages may appear.
The insurance and investment industries are highly regulated; we cannot engage in discussions on social forums about our products, services, solutions, producers or insurance in general without prior review and approval. The content on Transamerica’s social media pages is for informational use only and is not intended to be an offer, recommendation or personal investment advice by us regarding any investment or product. Transamerica and its representatives are not providing ERISA, tax, insurance or legal advice. For more information please go to: www.transamerica.com
Please stay on topic so that the conversation can remain relevant. Use common courtesy within our communities and share your opinions and feedback in a respectful manner.
Transamerica does not intend to market any products or services to children under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not knowingly gather or solicit data from children under thirteen years of age through our social media sites for marketing purposes. By accessing our social media sites you represent that you are not under thirteen years of age.
The following types of posts will be deleted, removed, or hidden at Transamerica’s discretion:
- Posts that include fraudulent, inaccurate, negative, libelous, false, or misleading information including such information about Transamerica, its products, producers, services or those of its competitors.
- Posts that are disparaging in nature or include offensive, inflammatory or inappropriate commentary or content.
- Posts that include profanity, are defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or demeaning, or depict unsafe activities.
- Posts that contain threats, suggest violence or illegal behavior will be deleted and users will be blocked.
- Posts that contain any personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, or any other nonpublic information such as social security numbers.
- Posts that spam, solicit, advertise, promote or endorse any commercial, financial, political or governmental organization. Our social media pages are not for the endorsement of third parties.
Here are some best practices to keep in mind to ensure your post, comment or message will not be deleted:
- Do not violate another’s copyright or intellectual property.
- Do not be disruptive with posts that are excessively repetitive. If we remove your post, please do not repost as your post was likely in violation of these guidelines.
- Do not post any information that contains proprietary, confidential, sensitive, or nonpublic information.
- Do not post links that redirect followers to fraudulent or malicious sites, or contain any kind of virus, spyware, malware or other malicious code.
- Do not engage in any activity that could result in, facilitate, cause or aid and abet insider trading.
- Do not act as a representative or spokesperson for Transamerica without obtaining prior approval from Transamerica. Further, if you have a business relationship with Transamerica you may have an obligation to disclose that relationship as a part of any post. Contact Transamerica at http://www.transamerica.com/individual/contact-us/index.html with questions how to obtain approval or provide disclosures.
- Do not post financial recommendations, reviews, testimonials or endorsements as there can be serious implications for providing unsolicited advice.
- Be smart about protecting yourself, your privacy and the privacy of others. What you publish is widely accessible and will be around for a long time, so consider the content carefully prior to posting.
- Do not post personal information including your social security number, driver’s license number, bank account or credit card information, or other sensitive personal information that could be used to compromise your identity.
- Do not post any reference to personal information about others, including name or information that may be used to identify or locate another individual, that may be used to compromise another person’s identity or that could otherwise be deemed to constitute invasion of another person’s privacy.
Third Party Sites
Transamerica does not assume responsibility for content, opinions, statements or viewpoints posted by followers or fans on its social media pages. As an organization Transamerica does not make endorsements via social media. We may post information from or to third party sites if we find the information useful or relevant but this does not constitute an official endorsement or recommendation on behalf of Transamerica. Any content, including posts, responses, and videos, on our social media sites should not be considered as an advertisement, endorsement or financial or tax advice. Even though Transamerica reserves the right to remove any post at any time for any reason, if we don’t remove a post that doesn’t mean Transamerica endorses its content or views.
Transamerica will never solicit or ask for personal information through social media. Do not post or direct message sensitive personal, confidential, and financial information via social media. Keep your personal information secure and private.
Social media sites are not affiliated with Transamerica. Please review the current privacy policies and terms of service for each site. For convenience, links to certain sites are provided below, however, the owners may change these sites at any time. By leaving this page to go to these sites you assume risk of use.
If you have any comments, questions or concerns please go to our website for contact information: http://www.transamerica.com/individual/contact-us/index.html. Please note we cannot reply to every comment or message. Transamerica cannot answer customer service related questions via social media. Social media should not be used to open an account, to request a transaction, to ask personal customer service questions, to ask about your investments, or for the submission of any claim, complaint, or product inquiry.
Here are links to other Transamerica policies that apply to your online experience with us.
Privacy Policies http://www.transamerica.com/individual/privacy-policy/
© 2011-2014 Transamerica Corporation